Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Crosswind Taxiing

December 29, 2011
Pain Field
Cessna 152
1.1 hours, 3 landings


This day flew by. I was nervous until I walked into the school. My instructor took me back to quickly go over cross wind taxiing, takeoff, and landings. Seemed simple enough to me; if you have a quarterly head wind, turn into the wind. If it’s a quarterly tail wind; dive (move yoke forward), and away from the wind. Once in the plane however, it was more confusing. As we sat there my CFO tried to walk me through it(I say try because I was horrible), I’ll need to read up on crosswinds a little more and hopefully be more prepared for the next flight. Today, was just some more turns around a point and S-turns. My CFI had this cool app where it showed our ground track so afterwards I was able to look back to see exactly how well I did. The first turn around a point was horrid; the second didn’t look so bad. The S-turns were alright. Where did my s-turn mojo go? Must have been beginners luck, or maybe I was over thinking it. We headed back to do some touch and goes. There was some slight crosswind, so he had to help me with the landing. Crosswind landings are awkward, it’s going to take me awhile to get them, especially since I haven’t even gotten a normal landing down yet.

Total cost invested thus far: $2138

No comments: