Saturday, April 12, 2014

A Day Spent in San Francisco!

So, I guess we decided yesterday we were going to hop on a flight down to SanFran since I've never been. A 5am wakeup call on my day off seems like a small price to pay for spending the day in Cali. It’s like asking a kid to go to sleep early on Christmas Eve, obviously they don’t want to, but if it means opening presents sooner they sure as hell will! Also, hello… It’s a DAY trip to CALI! Who does that?! I do now apparently!

Skipping to the awesome part, we got FIRST CLASS! Say what? That’s right. First class. My first ever first class experience. It was pretty great. Free breakfast that was actually HEALTHY.

It shouldn’t be surprising to note that the city was socked in. Thankfully, by the time we landed and got into the city it was basically gone and clear, though a little chilly. San Fransico sort of reminded me of a more fluffy Seattle, if that makes sense? Not a bad fluffy, just fluffy. Like how some pillows are feather fluffy and others are just cotton fluffy… ya know?

Well, the day went great. We landed about 8am, took the BART into the city and had one hell of a date! We shopped along Pier 39, stumbled onto a farmers market, ate at a restaurant overlooking the water, and bought tons of salt water taffy to bring back home. I’m not sure how long we roamed the city, but before I knew it we were rushing back to the airport and running to get to our gate on time (no first class this time, darn!).

#frizzyhairdontcare


Until next month, happy travels!

EM

No comments: